Ashley Dale death, Woman found shot death – What happened

A woman who was found shot dead in the back garden of a Liverpool house has been identified as Ashley Dyer.

Police were called to a house on Leinster Road in the city’s Old Swan district about 12.40am after reports of concerns for the safety of a woman. When they arrived, they found her in the backyard of the house, where she suffered gunshot wounds. She later died in hospital in the second fatal shooting in Liverpool that week.

Det Ch Supt Mark Kameen said Ms Dale was “an innocent member of the public” who was shot “without feeling or thinking”. Police have not made any arrests in the case, he said.

In a statement, her family said she was “a hard-working young woman whose life has been waiting for her” and who “has just been promoted in her career at Knowsley Council”. They said Ms Dyer “has a lot of plans for her bright future and this is just the beginning.”

Her “laughter, smile and energy are contagious in every room. We can’t accept that something like this could happen to an unarmed woman. A stupid crime to tear a family apart.”

Ms. Dyer was the half-sister of Lewis Dunn, who was shot and killed in 2015 at the age of 16 for making a mistake. Mr Cumming called on the community to “unite” to find the culprit and said residents should be “deeply disgusted, disgusted and shocked” by Ms Dyer’s death.

“This is obviously a very shocking incident that resulted in the death of a young woman,” he said. “I know how horrific an incident like this is for the general public, and over the next few hours and days, we People in the local and wider community will be spoken to to reassure them that we are looking for someone in charge.

“Gun crime has no place on Merseyside’s streets and we will do everything we can to bring perpetrators to justice. An investigation is underway and many lines of inquiry are underway,” Mr Camien added. : “She was in her own house…she was shot mercilessly and recklessly by people who had no respect for anyone in our community and the law.

Detective Superintendent Mark Baker said on Sunday: “This investigation is at a very early stage and while we understand the public will be very shocked and concerned about what happened, we have officers at the scene who have taken extensive action to understand what happened and act immediately.

“A woman tragically lost her life today and I want the public to rest assured that we will do everything we can to find those responsible and bring them to justice.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.